Just over a week ago, the NHL crowned its 2020 Stanley Cup Champion in the Tampa Bay Lightning. Now, the attention is fully on the NHL Draft as it kicks off tonight. And, to no surprise, the New York Rangers select Rimouski Oceanic LW Alexis Lafreniere first overall in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Latest NHL Draft News
- Wheeling And Dealing Maple Leafs, Dubas Not Done Yet
- Flyers Draft 5, Sign Justin Braun; Niskanen Retires
- 2020 NHL Draft Winners And Losers
- Day Two of the Draft Featured Plenty of Surprises for Senators’ Fans
- 2020 NHL Draft Risers and Players Who Fell
Lafreniere was long expected as the top overall pick no matter who won the draft lottery. In 52 games last season in the QMJHL, Lafreniere tallied 35 goals and 112 assists. He was named the 2019-20 CHL Player of the Year in addition to the MVP of the World Juniors.