Just over a week ago, the NHL crowned its 2020 Stanley Cup Champion in the Tampa Bay Lightning. Now, the attention is fully on the NHL Draft as it kicks off tonight. And, to no surprise, the New York Rangers select Rimouski Oceanic LW Alexis Lafreniere first overall in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Latest NHL Draft News
- The Top Ten Calgary Flames Prospects
- Penguins Release Training Camp Roster
- NHL Offseason Report Card: Central Division
- Meet the Penguins Draft Picks: Calle Clang
- NHL Might Have To Bend In Stalemate With Players
Lafreniere was long expected as the top overall pick no matter who won the draft lottery. In 52 games last season in the QMJHL, Lafreniere tallied 35 goals and 112 assists. He was named the 2019-20 CHL Player of the Year in addition to the MVP of the World Juniors.