The Russian media outlet ”Sport-Express” has released its fourth annual list of KHL player salaries. It’s not often you can hear about the money hockey players make in Russia, as they are usually opposed to the numbers being made public.
The list carries 85 players that are making at least 45 million rubles (excluding bonuses). The top two have remained unchanged from the previous season – Vadim Shipachyov and Dmitrij Jaskin as both are making the same money as they did in 2019/2020. It’s also highly doubtful that anything might change for the next season.
Has the implementation of the salary cap changed much? Not really, the same teams lay ahead of everyone else. More so that out of 23 teams 9 haven’t even made the top.
- Forward Vadim Shipachyov (Dynamo Moscow) – ~ $1.5m
- Forward Dmitrij Jaskin (Dynamo Moscow) – ~ $1.25m
- Goalie Jakub Kovar (Jekaterinburg Avtomobilist) – ~$1.75m
- Forward Teemu Hartikainen (Salavat Julaev Ufa) – ~ $1.75m
- Forward Justin Azevedo (AkBars Kazan) – ~ $1.1m
- Forward Anton Lander (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) – ~$1.1m
- Defenseman Philip Larsen (Salavat Julaev Ufa) – ~ $1.04m
- Goalie Juha Metsola (Salavat Julaev Ufa) – ~$1.04m
- Defenseman Darren Dietz (Barys Nur-Sultan) – ~ $980k
- Defenseman Alexei Marchenko (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) – ~ $980k
- Forward Andre Petersson (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) – ~$980k
- Forward Sergei Plotnikov (Metallurg Magnitogorsk) – ~ $980k
- Forward Magnus Paajarvi (Dynamo Moscow) – ~ $980k
- Forward Anton Slepyshev (CSKA Moscow) – ~ $980k
- Forward Vladimir Tkachyov (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl)
The full list of players can be found here (In Russian): Here
Ep 13: Vigneault Canned, Canucks Make Moves, Latest Headlinesby Full Press Coverage on December 8, 2021 at 5:03 pm
Mike, Jim, and Chris […]