The Colorado Avalanche has a team that can win the Stanley Cup, and then they can replenish the big club with a group of very talented prospects.
- Bowen Byram is a future top-pairing defenseman who skates extremely well and has enough strength to play the hard minutes and win corner battles. His wrist shot is fantastic, and his speed is above average. His smart, quick decisions are a key to his game.
- Alex Newhook is a gifted playmaker, who also has a desire to score and uses speed to find him space on the ice. The center was 49% on draws as a freshman for Boston College last season.
- Connor Timmins is a defenseman with a 6-2 frame, and he knows how to use it. Excellent on the power play. Good passer. Fluid point shot. Good two-way, smart defenseman.
- Martin Kaut is a right wing who is strong, fast, and can score with a wrist shot or in the tough areas. His heart issue is in the rearview mirror, and Kaut has already played a game this year for the Avs, he should get a few more, but it’s a stacked team.
- Shane Bowers has good foot speed. The center works well in traffic. He will wait for goalies to commit during scoring chances. He has a chance to be a complete player.
- Justin Barron is an offensive defenseman whose speed is good but can and will improve. Between his puck movement and leadership capabilities, that’s an enticing package. He has to cut down on risky plays.
- Jean-Luc Foudy has a great passing touch and can make plays at speed. His production has been of the feast or famine. It’s going to be interesting to see if he’s a better goal scorer or playmaker. There’s upside here.
- Drew Helleson is a 6-3 defenseman who is starring at Boston College. He continues to get better every season. He had a great showing in the 2021 World Junior Championship where he struck gold. His puck movement, hockey I.Q., and surprising offense are all good signs.
- Sasha Mutala this well put together right wing, skates well with a knack for making a hard pass look easy, and can score with a solid wrist shot. There are some great hands to talk about in this prospect.
- Sampo Ranta has decent speed and a great shot. He’s able to rush the puck into the offensive zone and occasionally get his shot off. He was one great move to score, if he can add another, he could be a good offensive player.
Ep 32: Bruins Fire Bruce Cassidy; Avalanche To Stanley Cup; Bolts/Rangersby Full Press Coverage on June 8, 2022 at 4:09 pm
Mike, Jim, and Chris react to the Bruins firing of Bruce Cassidy, the […]
Ep 73: Bruins Face Elimination; Bruce Cassidy On Hot Seat; Patrice Bergeron Final Standby Full Press Coverage on May 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Ian and Chris discuss game six between the Bruins and Hurricanes and the […]
Ep 72: Bruins Acquire Hampus Lindholm; More Moves To Come?by Full Press Coverage on March 20, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Ian and Chris discuss the trade of Hampus Lindholm to the Bruins and what […]
S3E33 - Stanley Cup Final - Avalanche vs Lightningby Jim Biringer on June 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Jim is joined by Marc Weiss and Coach Jay as they discuss the Stanley Cup […]
S3Ep32 - Eastern Conference Final and Colorado Avalanche Advanceby Jim Biringer on June 11, 2022 at 9:37 pm
Jim is joined by Coach Jay and Marc Weiss to discuss the Eastern […]
6/24 - WSOP; NBA Finals Talk; Stanley Cup Coming To An End; NBA Draftby Full Press Coverage on June 24, 2022 at 2:15 pm
Ian and John are back to discuss the World Series of Poker, the NBA Finals […]
6/15 - Celtics Falter In San Fran, Can They Force A Game 7?by Full Press Coverage on June 15, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Ian and John discuss the Celtics loss in Game 5 and what they have to do […]
6/13 - Goodfellas; Celtics/Warriors, Stanley Cup Finalby Full Press Coverage on June 13, 2022 at 4:46 pm
Ian and John discuss the Celtics loss in Game 4 and look ahead to Game 5 […]