St. Cloud State punched their ticket to the National Championship Game. Here is why they can win:
- When St. Cloud State scored the game-winner late in the third with less than a minute to go in the game. I didn’t think they would have given up four goals, but they did. They showed resiliency and their defense finally stood tall at the end of the game. It has to get tighter next game but they had the classic bend don’t break defense we see in sports like football.
- Kings goalie prospect, David Hrenak is an athletic goalie who can usually make a nice glove save. He muffed one and it found the back of his net. That is a test and the fact that he and his team held on and came back from blowing a two-goal lead shows character. He’s now ready to face a powerhouse for all the marbles but he’s run the gambit of emotions for sure.
- The Penguins home arena is a nice place to have the Frozen Four. Pittsburgh has great hockey fans and fans from all over have come to the city. There is only 25% of the arena capacity here live and about 35 media members, but the atmosphere is still as good as any NHL game I’ve been to this season. There is a great vibe in the arena. Media, fans, everyone feels a little more normal being able to work and attend this event.
- Cloud State had never advanced to a title game in the history of the hockey program until now. Head coach, Brett Larson laid it out perfectly after the game.
Latest Prospect News
- Matt Boldy Is Ready For A Full Season in Minnesota
- Five Under 25: Philadelphia Flyers
- Flyers’ Prospect Emil Andrae Is Standing Out At World Juniors
- The 2022 World Junior Championship Players To Watch
- Sabres Show Off Bevy Of Promising Prospects At Development Camp
“Felt like we had to play a little rope-a-dope tonight. I thought Mankato played really well. They played really heavy. We had trouble breaking pucks out and maintaining offensive zone time for extended periods. Fortunately, we were opportunistic tonight. When we got a chance we were able to bury it.”
- Joe Molenaar tied the game up 4-4 with his first goal of the season and in his short career with the Huskies thus far. It was a hell of a time to get on the scoreboard. Teams need contributions from players like that to give them a shot in the arm. Nolan Walker scored the game-winner. It was a beautiful deflection. He didn’t have a game-winning or game-tying goal in this abbreviated season. He picked a great time for that as well. Players stepping up like this could seem them win a title for the first time. Let’s see what happens there’s one more game left.
Ep 35: Avalanche Win Stanley Cup; Hockey Hall of Fame; NHL Offseason Predictionsby Full Press Coverage on June 29, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Jim and Chris react to the Avalanche winning the Stanley Cup, the 2022 […]
Ep 34: NHL Coaching Retreads; Stanley Cup Final Talkby Full Press Coverage on June 22, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Mike, Jim, and Chris discuss the never-ending NHL coaching retreads and […]
NHL Offseason: Matthew Tkachuk Traded To Florida, Patrik Laine Staying in Columbus and Moreby Full Press Coverage on July 24, 2022 at 6:15 pm
Jim is back once again joined by C.C. Hawkley of Full Press Hockey to […]
Ep 76: They're Back! David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron Return To The Bruinsby Full Press Coverage on August 11, 2022 at 8:51 pm
Ian and Chris discuss and react to the re-signing of captain Patrice […]
Ep 75: Bergeron Undecided? David Krejci and NHL Free Agency Primerby Full Press Coverage on July 13, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Ian and Chris discuss the latest on Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci, and […]
9/23 - Ime Judoka Suspended, Brett Favre, Week 3 NFL Picksby Full Press Coverage on September 23, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Ian and John react to the Ime Udoka suspension, the ongoing Brett Favre […]
9/22 - Ime Judoka, Browns/Steelers on TNF, Brady vs. Rodgersby Full Press Coverage on September 22, 2022 at 1:24 pm
Ian and John react to the rumors surrounding Celtics coach Ime Udoka, take […]
9/20 - MNF Doubleheader Reaction, NFL MVP Odds, Best Team In NFCby Full Press Coverage on September 20, 2022 at 2:43 pm
Ian and John discuss the Bills and Eagles wins on Monday Night Football, […]