With the Stanley Cup Final nearing its conclusion, the NHL Draft is just around the corner. Kingston’s Shane Wright remains the top prospect in this year’s draft but who is rising and who is falling in the final weeks?
This is my last of these rankings for Full Press Hockey.
My one mock draft will be in the next week or so right on this network. For now, I have adjusted some rankings. I may have a few more changes as I double back on certain players one last time. For now, enjoy this article.
NHL Draft Prospect Rankings
- Shane Wright – C – Kingston – OHL
- Logan Cooley – C – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Matthew Savoie – C – Winnipeg – WHL
- David Jiricek – D – HC Plzen – Czechia
- Juraj Slafkovsky – LW – TPS – Liiga
- Jonathan Lekkerimaki – C – Djurgardens JR – Sweden JR
- Joakim Kemell – RW – JYP – Liga
- Simon Nemec – D – HK Nitra – Slovakia
- Conor Geekie – C – Winnipeg – WHL
- Frank Nazar – C – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Brad Lambert – C/RW – JYP – Liiga
- Danila Yurov – RW – Magnitogorsk – KHL
- Cutter Gauthier – LW – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Denton Mateychuk – D – Moose Jaw – WHL
- Ryan Chesley – D – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Pavel Mintyukov – D – Saginaw – OHL
- Kevin Korchinski – D – Seattle
- Gleb Trikozov – C – Omskie – MHL
- Liam Ohgren – LW – Djurgardens JR – Sweden JR
- Marco Kasper – C – Rogle BK – SHL
- Jimmy Snuggerud – RW – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Rutger McGroarty – LW/C – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Isaac Howard – LW – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Seamus Casey -D – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Filip Mesar – W/C – HK Poprad – Slovakia
- Owen Beck – C – Mississauga – OHL
- Owen Pickering – D – Swift Current – WHL
- Ty Nelson – D – North Bay – OHL
- Jordan Gustafson – C – Seattle – WHL
- Lane Hutson – D – USA U-18 – NTDP
- Jiri Kulich – C – Karlovy Vary – Czechia
- Jagger Firkus – Moose Jaw Warriors – WHL
Around Full Press Hockey
NHL Draft Risers
Marco Kasper had a good showing at the World Championship. It wasn’t all about points. He didn’t have a very good team and you have to adjust for that. It helped all of us see him in a different environment and he showed that he was very adaptable.
Jimmy Snuggerud has been creeping up the charts. His dad did play so that checks a box but that’s not why. At the NHL combine, I had a chance to see his mental game off the ice and it was solid. He already had great tools on the ice.
Ryan Chesley is going up in my rankings. Many believe there isn’t much offense there but his skating is close to elite and his coverage and overall defensive play has been exceptional. If he provides some offense like I think he can, some team could be making a good value pick when they select him.
NHL Draft Fallers
Ty Nelson took a big tumble. He’s a smaller defenseman and even though his strength is really good and his offensive game is top-notch. His skating isn’t elite and may never be and that means he could be playing a different kind of role if he gets to the NHL someday.
Jiri Kulich was skyrocketing during the U18s and that carried over to the World Championship. But then his output slowed down. For various reasons. He was banged up at the end of the season. He’s a solid two-way player with a great shot. Is he a center? So far he looks that way but it could change. This draft doesn’t have a lot of natural centers.
I’m not sure what to make out of Stephen Halliday. He had 95 points while playing for Dubuque this season in the USHL. This was his fourth year in the league. He’s a 6-4 center and what you see is what you get. I don’t think he will get much better and his skating is likely to hold him back. He’s 19 and headed to Ohio State. I didn’t rank him.
Ep 35: Avalanche Win Stanley Cup; Hockey Hall of Fame; NHL Offseason Predictionsby Full Press Coverage on June 29, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Jim and Chris react to the Avalanche winning the Stanley Cup, the 2022 […]
Ep 34: NHL Coaching Retreads; Stanley Cup Final Talkby Full Press Coverage on June 22, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Mike, Jim, and Chris discuss the never-ending NHL coaching retreads and […]
NHL Offseason: Matthew Tkachuk Traded To Florida, Patrik Laine Staying in Columbus and Moreby Full Press Coverage on July 24, 2022 at 6:15 pm
Jim is back once again joined by C.C. Hawkley of Full Press Hockey to […]
Ep 76: They're Back! David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron Return To The Bruinsby Full Press Coverage on August 11, 2022 at 8:51 pm
Ian and Chris discuss and react to the re-signing of captain Patrice […]
Ep 75: Bergeron Undecided? David Krejci and NHL Free Agency Primerby Full Press Coverage on July 13, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Ian and Chris discuss the latest on Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci, and […]
Aaron Rodgers Addresses Early Camp Struggles for WRsby Full Press Coverage on August 18, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Ian and John discuss some bumps in the road at Packers camp as Aaron […]
8/17 - Packers Camp Struggles, Top 10 QB/Pass Catching Combos, Malcolm Go... To Injured Reserveby Full Press Coverage on August 17, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Ian and John discuss Aaron Rodgers comments about the young wide receiver […]
8/15 - Zach Wilson, Deshaun Watson, NFL Top 100 Listby Full Press Coverage on August 15, 2022 at 1:15 pm
Ian and John discuss the Zach Wilson injury scare, Deshaun Watson's debut […]